APPLICATIONS FOR 2019 ENROLMENT ARE NOW OPEN!
You must apply to enrol your child in a public school for 2019 if they are:
- starting Kindergarten – 4 years old by 30 June 2019
- starting Pre Primary (first year of compulsory school) – 5 years old by 30 June 2019
- starting Year 7 (first year of secondary school)
- changing schools.
All children from Pre-primary to Year 12 are guaranteed a place at their local public school.
Under the Education Act 1999, parents are required to complete an Application for Enrolment and upon the application’s acceptance, an Admission Form. These Admission Forms are legal documents which, when completed, contain important information relevant to your child.
Documents to be provided:
- Birth Certificate (original or certified copy)or extract or other identity documents if applicable.
- Immunisation Certificate.
- Copies of Family Court or any other court orders (if applicable).
- Proof of address.
- Information relating to suspensions or exclusions.
- Information relating to disability.
If your child was not born in Australia, you must provide evidence of:
- Date of entry in Australia.
- Passport or travel documents.
- Current visa subclass and previous visa subclass (if appicable).
Parents can request an Immunisation History Statement at any time by:
- Telephoning ACIR on 1800 653 809 (free call)
- Emailing email@example.com
- Visiting their local Department of Human Services Centre
Please ensure that the school is kept informed of any changes to telephone numbers, address, parents’ employment and emergency contact numbers.