History of our school
The first Mundijong school was founded at Manjedal on September 28, 1896, but shifted into the Mundijong township in 1897 and was renamed after the fledgling township. Many of the children who attended the school were the children of the railway gang stationed at the Watkins Street crossing. The role of this gang was to manually relay the railway tracks each time a timber train came down the hill from the Jarrahdale mills and had to cross over the Perth to Bunbury line on its way down to Rockingham. By 1903, the enrolment had grown sufficiently for the Government to build the first of the classrooms at the Paterson Road-Cockram Street T-junction. A further classroom was added in 1911. In 1972, the school shifted onto its present site on Livesey Street. The Pre-Primary Centre moved on site in 1996 and the Kindergarten program commenced in 1998. Our school logo is the grass tree and the school colours are green and white. Mundijong’s school motto is “Learning Together”.
Mundijong Primary School is located in the Canning District, approximately 54kms from Perth CBD and has a rural feel. The school is a member of the South Metropolitan Region and the Armadale Cluster of local government schools. There are 23 staff employed at Mundijong in various roles, both full-time and part-time. The school utilizes the expertise of a School Psychologist, Student Services, Chaplain and School Nurse.